Get Your Business Started on the Right Foot!
Entrepreneurship is growing and opens up opportunities for anyone who wants to own a business. Even if you don’t have a background in business or financing, it is possible to start a company that can be run from your home or a local office.
While it’s exciting to become your own boss, starting a business can be overwhelming and a little challenging trying to navigate the tools and systems that are available. There is no need to try and reinvent the wheel you can just tap into the knowledge of others who understand what is necessary for small business success? Follow in the footsteps of other successful startups. This makes it easier for your business since you don’t need to navigate new territory.
Work Smarter, Not Harder
You don’t have to work nonstop to support your business growth. Instead, consider the idea that the right tools allow you to work smarter, not harder. You can support the needs of your company and maintain a balanced lifestyle with family and friends at the same time.
The right business systems make it easy to maintain productivity and boost efficiency throughout the days and weeks. Your time will be focused on the tasks that are most important for your company, instead of getting caught up with the busy work that takes up too much time.
Tools for Your Business
Every business is unique, so you might not need all of these tools listed. But it can be beneficial to consider the benefits and features to see if they apply to your needs. Save yourself the hassle of research and wasted money by using some of these recommendations, instead of testing an unproven business platform.
Here are a few tools that will help your business grow:
- Google developed a suite of tools that make a great software package for businesses of all sizes. This system includes essential tools such as setting up email management, domain purchasing, website analytics, ad campaign management, and more. GSuite is designed with apps, so you can pick-and-choose the features that support the individual needs of your company. It’s nice to have all of these tools in one, easy to access, centralized location.
- A good calendar system is essential to keep track of appointments, deadlines, and important dates. Some businesses use the Google Calendar through GSuite. For improved functionality, consider ScheduleOnce that syncs with Google Calendar. This system allows you to give clients the opportunity to book an appointment on your calendar, without the hassle of person-to-person communication to schedule these meetings.
- Step into the 21 century by using this dynamic online team communication tool. Instead of emails and messages getting lost in the shuffle, Slack can be used to streamline communication so that you can be sure that all of your team members are on the same page. This platform allows you to centralize messaging, phone calls, file-sharing, and even fun ways to interact with the group.
- While Slack is a communication platform, Trello is a complementary option to manage workflow and task assignments. You can create different boards for various departments and groups in your company. On each board, cards are set up and assigned to team members who are responsible for those tasks. The system gives flexibility so that you can manage the due dates, tasks that need to be completed, notes about each project, and more. It is a great way to structure the workflow and keep track of the tasks that need to be completed.
- This app can be used across devices, giving you one location where you can take notes, organize information, keep track of files and more. It’s basically an “external brain” so that you don’t have to keep all of the small details in your head. The notes are cloud synced and can be shared with others if needed. If you have a quick thought or need to keep a running to-do list, then Evernote is a solution to consider.
- Small businesses don’t often have the resources to bring in an HR expert. Instead of hiring another full-time employee, you might consider the benefits of using a Human Resources service that is based online. This system is designed to help with everything required for employee management and benefits, such as onboarding, paperwork management, PTO tracking, benefits administration, performance reviews, legal compliance, and more. One of the benefits of this system is that it can integrate with your payroll system.
- Mailchimp: An important factor in growing your audience is maximizing the amount of engagement and facetime that you have with them. One of the best ways to do that is to set up an email list and run campaigns. Mailchimp simplifies the email process and allows you to manage your strategy within their portal. Their services allow you to design a custom template, build up email lists, and analyze past reports. The best news is that Mailchimp starts out free and only increases in price once you’ve reached scale. That means you can start using it today to reach more customers.
- Carbonite is an online tool for backing up your computer. This is something you’ll want to do so you never experience a computer crash in which you lose all of your files – something that unfortunately happens all too often. Carbonite backs up your files daily so you can easily restore them if this happens to you.
- If you are looking for solutions to set up an office phone system, consider an online system. Your entire team can manage messages and phone calls using any device, from any location. The pricing is simple and clear, and you don’t have to worry about locking into a contract.
- Business Connection Directory: This is the #1 active business directory where you have the opportunity to get marketing tips, leads and promote your business by having a business marketing coach available to help you grow. By selecting the Gold or Premium plan your business will be connected with the customers/clients who are actually searching for your services. Each month you will receive marketing tips and customer leads. All you have to do is follow-up and take it from there.
These are just a few of the business growth tools out there. There are so many but this is a start. Good luck on the growth of your business.